From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The fallacies of GLEP55
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 19:11:50
1 On Thu, 14 May 2009 21:05:52 +0200
2 Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o> wrote:
3 > > Where on earth are you getting the idea that GLEP 55 makes things
4 > > slower? The only difference to the code with GLEP 55 is in checking
5 > > file extensions against a slightly larger set of strings, which is
6 > > nowhere near a measurable increase in anything. You're claiming that
7 > > checking for a suffix of either ".ebuild-4" or ".ebuild" against a
8 > > fixed string is in any way relevant, which is obviously trolling.
9 > That is quite definitely not my point. I mean, hombre, did you even
10 > READ my email, or do you just apply prewritten text blocks in the
11 > hope of solving issues like most "technical" "support" does?
12
13 Please explain why you claimed GLEP 55 makes things slower. Until you
14 answer that, it's hard to take you for anything other than a troll.
17 Ciaran McCreesh