From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suitable USE flag name for stuff that requires non volatile memory
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 22:10:58
1 On Sunday 13 May 2007, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On Saturday 12 May 2007, Roy Marples wrote:
4 > > > I've thought long and hard about it and I think a compile time
5 > > > option is best here. You can still disable the usage of DUID by
6 > > > null arg to the -I option, but many users launch dhcpcd by hand on
7 > > > the live cds.
8 > >
9 > > hmm, you can do it at runtime ? then you could provide a wrapper
10 > > based on USE=livecd that calls dhcpcd with the proper arguments ...
11 > > -mike
12 >
13 > Yes, the net scripts could use -I if $CDBOOT is set, but I'm thinking
14 > about the user running it by hand here.
15
16 which is what i was referring to
17
18 if use livecd ; then
19 <move dhcpcd to dhcpcd.real>
20 <install wrapper script that executes `dhcpcd -I` as "dhcpcd">
21 fi
22 -mike