From: Roy Marples <uberlord@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suitable USE flag name for stuff that requires non volatile memory
Date: Sun, 13 May 2007 21:58:57
1 On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:44:28 -0400
2 Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Saturday 12 May 2007, Roy Marples wrote:
5 > > I've thought long and hard about it and I think a compile time
6 > > option is best here. You can still disable the usage of DUID by
7 > > null arg to the -I option, but many users launch dhcpcd by hand on
8 > > the live cds.
9 >
10 > hmm, you can do it at runtime ? then you could provide a wrapper
11 > based on USE=livecd that calls dhcpcd with the proper arguments ...
12 > -mike
13
14 Yes, the net scripts could use -I if $CDBOOT is set, but I'm thinking
15 about the user running it by hand here.
16
17 Roy
18 --
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list