From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Suitable USE flag name for stuff that requires non volatile memory
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 16:12:57
1 On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 22:53 +0100, Roy Marples wrote:
2 > On Sun, 13 May 2007 17:44:28 -0400
3 > Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 > > On Saturday 12 May 2007, Roy Marples wrote:
6 > > > I've thought long and hard about it and I think a compile time
7 > > > option is best here. You can still disable the usage of DUID by
8 > > > null arg to the -I option, but many users launch dhcpcd by hand on
9 > > > the live cds.
10 > >
11 > > hmm, you can do it at runtime ? then you could provide a wrapper
12 > > based on USE=livecd that calls dhcpcd with the proper arguments ...
13 > > -mike
14 >
15 > Yes, the net scripts could use -I if $CDBOOT is set, but I'm thinking
16 > about the user running it by hand here.
17
18 First off, we have 100% control over the "root" and "gentoo"
19 environments on the release media. You want a function called dhcpcd
20 that runs with -I on the LiveCD? We can add that to root's .bashrc
21 easily on the CD. It also wouldn't populate into the installed
22 environment, since we don't copy root's .bashrc as our default is to not
23 have one.
26 Chris Gianelloni
27 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
28 Alpha/AMD64/x86 Architecture Teams
29 Games Developer/Council Member/Foundation Trustee
30 Gentoo Foundation