From: James Le Cuirot <chewi@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Sparc Arch status
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 15:52:31
1 On Sun, 17 May 2015 08:36:00 -0700
2 Jack Morgan <jmorgan@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > (c) java support
5 > The java team said they don't have cycles to support sparc. Support
6 > would have to come from the sparc team or the community. Unless
7 > someone steps up to help out with java, I'll propose to drop support
8 > on sparc. Thanks to the java team for helping us know what needs to
9 > be done to support java or not.
10
11 Actually it wasn't really supported to begin with, at least not
12 recently. I just assumed it was because of the sparc keyword on
13 java-config and must have gotten mixed up with the sparc-solaris
14 keywords we have on several other packages. The sparc keyword has
15 already been dropped from java-config. The sparc-solaris keywords
16 can stay because those profiles are experimental anyway.
19 James Le Cuirot (chewi)
20 Gentoo Linux Developer