From: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
To: Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o>
Cc: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>, gentoo-security@g.o, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenSSH 3.7 compatibility problems
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 04:53:14
1 Andrea Barisani wrote:
2 > It also seems that there are some compatibility problems between openssh and
3 > other ssh clients.
4 >
5 > Old version of putty and other UNIX ssh clients doesn't work with 'UsePAM yes'
6 > and 'PasswordAuthentication no'.
7 >
8 > Any suggestions/reports about that?
9
10 I can't speak any more than my experience, but I had an old (~2years)
11 version of Putty and it would no longer connect to my servers after
12 upgrading to the latest (Gentoo stable) version of OpenSSH. (Config is
13 pretty much default; changes include no root logins, and forward X11)
14
15 I upgraded Putty and the problem went away.
16
17 I'll investigate other SSH clients and see what's what.
20 Stewart Honsberger
21 http://blackdeath.snerk.org/
22 "Capitalists, by nature, organize to protect themselves.
23 -- Geeks, by nature, resist organizaion."
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list