From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: Stewart Honsberger <blkdeath@g.o>
Cc: Andrea Barisani <lcars@g.o>, Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>, gentoo-security@g.o, Gentoo-Dev <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenSSH 3.7 compatibility problems
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 18:39:04
1 On Fri, 2003-09-19 at 06:55, Stewart Honsberger wrote:
2 > Andrea Barisani wrote:
3 > > It also seems that there are some compatibility problems between openssh and
4 > > other ssh clients.
5 > >
6 > > Old version of putty and other UNIX ssh clients doesn't work with 'UsePAM yes'
7 > > and 'PasswordAuthentication no'.
8 > >
9 > > Any suggestions/reports about that?
10 >
11 > I can't speak any more than my experience, but I had an old (~2years)
12 > version of Putty and it would no longer connect to my servers after
13 > upgrading to the latest (Gentoo stable) version of OpenSSH. (Config is
14 > pretty much default; changes include no root logins, and forward X11)
15 >
16 > I upgraded Putty and the problem went away.
17 >
18 > I'll investigate other SSH clients and see what's what.
19
20 Problem is that it was not linked to an specific version of openssh.
21 I guess this *should* really have been 3.0 and not 2.7 ...
24 Thanks,
28 Martin Schlemmer
29 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
30 Cape Town, South Africa