From: Tom Wijsman <TomWij@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Response to a "friendly note" about changing bug reports
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2013 12:29:32
1 On Wed, 7 Aug 2013 11:04:28 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3 > However, I'm also sick of getting bugmail because $RANDOM_DEV thinks
4 >
5 > * every atom needs a "=" in front, and
6 > * "Please stabilize XXX" should always be replaced by "XXX
7 > stabilization".
8
9 For these two I've been guilty; but, that shouldn't actually matter in
10 case of my edits as I always try to combine them with another useful
11 change. I agree with you that sole edits just to change that aren't
12 really useful. I'm not sure about others, I think it would help if some
13 of these bug mails where quoted; such that it is a bit more clear.
14
15 But if it is combined with other useful edits it helps to make the
16 summaries more consistent in general, a lot of new mail that gets
17 assigned to maintainers comes through the bug wranglers so if there's
18 one place we can fight for consistency then it is there.
19
20 Unless combined with necessary changes, bug wranglers shouldn't make
21 such changes on already assigned bugs; as it is not their terrain.
24 With kind regards,
25
26 Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
27 Gentoo Developer
28
29 E-mail address : TomWij@g.o
30 GPG Public Key : 6D34E57D
31 GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2 ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D