From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: Ryan Kelly <ryan@××××××.au>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How long can take an ebuild to compile ??
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2004 21:05:27
1 On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 18:42, Ryan Kelly wrote:
2 > One thing to consider through. The compile times of packages are likely
3 > to be heavily affected by:
4 >
5 > * USE Flags
6 > * CFLAGS
7 >
8 > Obviously, someone compiling with -09 -f-crazy-opt will take a little
9 > longer than someone not performing any optimisations. Likewise,
10 > compiling in support for more options will take consistently longer.
11
12 I would think we would use something like a GSU (Gentoo Standard Unit),
13 which would be bash with the default CFLAGS/USE.
16 Chris Gianelloni
17 Developer, Gentoo Linux
18 Games Team
19