From: Ryan Kelly <ryan@××××××.au>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] How long can take an ebuild to compile ??
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2004 23:42:59
1 > Do you think that this is a good idea? Suggestion? Comments?
2 > I'd like to read what do you think :D
3
4 Like a few others it seems, an idea similar to this has also crossed my
5 mind. Kudos to you for trying to go ahead with it!
6
7 One thing to consider through. The compile times of packages are likely
8 to be heavily affected by:
9
10 * USE Flags
11 * CFLAGS
12
13 Obviously, someone compiling with -09 -f-crazy-opt will take a little
14 longer than someone not performing any optimisations. Likewise,
15 compiling in support for more options will take consistently longer.
16
17 If the user doesnt change their CFLAGS, then the bash_time would
18 probably remain pretty accurate. Dont know about USE flags though...
19
20 Just some food for though - I look forward to hearing more about this
21 project!
24 Cheers,
25
26 Ryan