From: Philip Webb <purslow@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qa last rites -- long list
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 16:29:15
1 150107 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 06:49:56AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 150106 William Hubbs wrote:
4 >>> Many packages have been masked in the tree for months - years
5 >>> with no signs of fixes. I am particularly concerned
6 >>> about packages with known security vulnerabilities
7 >>> staying in the main tree masked. If people want to keep those packages,
8 >>> I don't want to stop them, but packages like this should be in an overlay,
9 >>> not the main tree.
10 >> -- snip --
11 >> > # Tavis Ormandy <taviso@g.o> (21 Mar 2006)
12 >> > # masked pending unresolved security issues #125902
13 >> > games-roguelike/nethack
14 >> -- snip --
15 >> This one is perfectly safe on a single-user system : please leave it there.
16 > I'm not opposed to it staying in the tree under one of these conditions:
17 > 1) fix it and remove the mask or
18
19 I'm a user, not a dev or a programmer.
20
21 > 2) remove the mask and add ewarns to the ebuild
22
23 That looks more reasonable & something a dev could easily do.
27 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb
28 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Cities Centre, University of Toronto
29 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' purslowatchassdotutorontodotca