From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qa last rites -- long list
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 15:58:03
1 On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 06:49:56AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
2 > 150106 William Hubbs wrote:
3 > > Many packages have been masked in the tree for months - years
4 > > with no signs of fixes. I am particularly concerned
5 > > about packages with known security vulnerabilities
6 > > staying in the main tree masked. If people want to keep those packages,
7 > > I don't want to stop them, but packages like this should be in an overlay,
8 > > not the main tree.
9 >
10 > -- snip --
11 >
12 > > # Tavis Ormandy <taviso@g.o> (21 Mar 2006)
13 > > # masked pending unresolved security issues #125902
14 > > games-roguelike/nethack
15 >
16 > -- snip --
17 >
18 > This one is perfectly safe on a single-user system : please leave it there.
19
20 I'm not opposed to it staying in the tree under one of these conditions:
21
22 1) fix it and remove the mask
23
24 or
25
26 2) remove the mask and add ewarns to the ebuild
27
28 William