From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] qa last rites -- long list
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 17:15:39
1 On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 7:57 AM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Wed, Jan 07, 2015 at 06:49:56AM -0500, Philip Webb wrote:
3 >> 150106 William Hubbs wrote:
4 >> This one is perfectly safe on a single-user system : please leave it there.
5 >
6 > I'm not opposed to it staying in the tree under one of these conditions:
7 >
8 > 1) fix it and remove the mask
9 >
10 > or
11 >
12 > 2) remove the mask and add ewarns to the ebuild
13
14 Remove the mask that people have to see and actively disable in order
15 to install the software and replace it with ewarn messages that they
16 likely won't read?
17
18 I don't see the problem with versions with security vulnerabilities
19 masked in the tree. nethack in particular has been masked in the tree
20 since 2006, so we have some precedence.