From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] Removing profiles/use.local.desc file from CVS on 2011-02-11
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 22:26:59
1 On Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:04:03 +0100
2 Luca Longinotti <chtekk@×××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On Fri, 04 Feb 2011 13:50:20 -0600
5 > Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o> wrote:
6 >
7 > > Hello,
8 > >
9 > > The CVS->RSYNC service has moved hosts and now we generate the
10 > > use.local.desc file via egencache.
11 >
12 > Hi, could any of this cause a (kinda) full resync from the mirrors?
13 > Because an emerge --sync I'm doing now is syncing up _all_ files in the
14 > tree and taking ages on my laptop, on the other hand the emerge --sync
15 > I did yesterday at around 1400 CET just synced the changed files, as
16 > usual... I also tried multiple mirrors, thinking maybe one of them was
17 > the problem, but they all happily continued syncing everything.
18 > At the end of the sync, Portage also processed all the update-files,
19 > which too is strange. All the modification times of the files seem to
20 > have been updated... The date on my system is set correctly, so I can't
21 > really explain why this would suddenly happen, as between yesterday and
22 > today I didn't update Portage or rsync.
23
24 I've had this happen twice in a row, last night and today.
28 fonts, gcc-porting, it makes no sense how it makes no sense
29 toolchain, wxwidgets but i'll take it free anytime
30 @ gentoo.org EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662