From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: Gentoo Developers <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] per package cflags (was Re: Do we want optimal performance?)
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 02:34:18
1 On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 09:51:15PM -0400, Travis Tilley wrote:
2 > Daniel Goller wrote:
3 > >although i am against overly tweaking CFLAGS, someone suggested
4 > >something that might be more sane to ask for:
5 > >
6 > >/etc/portage/packages.cflags
7 > >
8 > >an easy way to maintain your cflags you worked so hard for to obtain,
9 > >you can trade them in the forums or ebay and then append to your file,
10 > >not much work to implement in my eyes, and all the testing work is done
11 > >by those who want it
12 > mkdir /etc/portage and copy this file there (MUCH thanks to solar for
13 > writing this. he like... kicks ass an stuff). it implements an
14 > /etc/portage/package.cflags without needing to patch portage. i think
15 > this might require portage 2.0.51_pre... no idea, i havent used 2.0.50
16 > in a while.
17 [snip]
18 Could this be generalized to do /etc/portage/package.env like somebody
19 else asked for?
20
21 And then simply put a CFLAGS line in the file referenced by package.env,
22 as it seems that it really would belong there.
25 Robin Hugh Johnson
26 E-Mail : robbat2@××××××××××××××.net
27 Home Page : http://www.orbis-terrarum.net/?l=people.robbat2
28 ICQ# : 30269588 or 41961639
29 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85