From: "Dustin C. Hatch" <admiralnemo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dropping static libs support from cryptsetup and lvm2
Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2013 01:01:48
1 On 7/29/2013 19:33, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 5:28 PM, yac <yac@g.o> wrote:
3 >> I have fully encrypted systems, including /, which requires an
4 >> initramfs with cryptsetup built staticaly.
5 >
6 > Doesn't it actually require them built statically, or simply that the
7 > necessary libraries are also in the initramfs?
8 >
9 > I think this has already been covered.
10 >
11 I think the point is that users may have an initramfs (that they built
12 manually or using some tool besides dracut or genkernel) that makes use
13 of cryptsetup/lvm2 built statically, or perhaps they just like it that
14 way, so why take away that ability and make them change?
17 ♫Dustin
18 http://dustin.hatch.name/