From: Donnie Berkholz <spyderous@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP: consistent Gentoo tool names
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 02:14:06
1 On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 18:39, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On Thursday 18 March 2004 00:04, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
3 > > As for the second part, clearly that particular tool is _not_
4 > > Gentoo-specific, and as such, should not be on the list of things to be
5 > > renamed. =) Mea culpa. However it would be helpful if the upstream
6 > > maintainer (you in this case) chose to rename it in a similar fashion
7 > > (i.e., config-webapp) and provided a Gentoo compatibility symlink at
8 > > gentoo-config-webapp in the ebuild.
9 >
10 > I'm happy to do that - it's a good idea. Hopefully I'll have enough time this
11 > weekend to commit the update. Best done soon, before people actuallys start
12 > using it ;-)
13
14 The GLEP hasn't been voted on yet, so that may be a little premature,
15 esp. the gentoo- symlink. As for the other, well you are upstream. =)
16
17 Donnie
18 --
19 Donnie Berkholz