From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Moving some packages around
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 01:47:27
1 On Mon, 12 May 2008 02:58:55 +0200
2 flameeyes@×××××.com (Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò) wrote:
3
4 > - bison and flex should get out of the system package set, what
5 > clearer than moving them out of sys-*? They are not so commonly used
6 > so there should no compelling reason to have them installed on every
7 > system;
8
9 both are required to build our toolchain.
10
11 > - gdb is not part of the system, this might be a problem for
12 > crossdev...;
13
14 it's part of the sourceware tree. i think it should stay in sys.
15
16 > sys-devel/patch -> app-text/patch
17
18 :(
19
20 > sys-devel/gettext -> app-i18n/gettext (well, it's part of system for
21 > G/FBSD, but I'd rather have deps expressed properly...)
22
23 :( (ok, less so than the one above)
24
25 > sys-devel/distcc -> dev-util/distcc
26 > sys-devel/icecream -> dev-util/icecream
27
28 sys-cluster?
32 > Yes these are a lot of moves, sincerely I think sys-* categories are a
33 > bit bloated as they are, and I suppose we should start moving the
34 > things around rather than waiting forever ad ever..
35
36 I guess I don't see the point. If you do move them, don't forget about
37 documentation changes.
41 fonts, gcc-porting, by design, by neglect
42 mips, treecleaner, for a fact or just for effect
43 wxwidgets @ gentoo EFFD 380E 047A 4B51 D2BD C64F 8AA8 8346 F9A4 0662