From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [Summary] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:07:29
1 On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 00:53:03 +0100 Ed W <lists@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 | Might there be an option 4 which is that a slightly different system
3 | might stop everyone bitching over the current one and hence avoid
4 | wasting some time? Nope, no idea what that would be, but the thought
5 | does occur when you see some time being wasted on trivial issues...
6
7 Hrm. Any change would involve adding more complexity. It would probably
8 also involve lots of fixup work on existing code. It's likely not worth
9 the cost.
10
11 | Is there any possibility that easier low quality contribution makes
12 | the high quality contributions easier?
13
14 Only to the extent that they get me to write better documentation :)
15
16 | Look at wikipedia - it's amazing that such high quality work (in
17 | general) can come from lightly peer review material with low barriers
18 | to entry.
19 |
20 | Clearly not an appropriate model here, but I can't help wondering if
21 | there is not another way...
22
23 Well... Sometimes maintainer-wanted ebuilds are worked upon by multiple
24 people. It happens, but not very often.
27 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
28 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
29 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm