From: Fredrik Jagenheim <humming@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Spam filters
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:13:23
1 On Fri, Sep 27, 2002 at 09:17:04AM -0700, Alan wrote:
2 > I have to agree with this. Someone mentioned the reason was
3 > accessability to new users, but I'm in the same situation as Burton, on
4 > a bunch of lists, all subscriber only, except for gimp-dev (which gets
5 > spam as well, or did when I was still receiving mail to it). My feeling
6
7 And here is the thing I want to stress a little further. I think it's
8 worse for a mailinglist to lose people unsubscribing due to spam than
9 missing one or two questions from newbies who can't bother to
10 subscribe in the first place.
11
12 > Totally OT, I installed bogofilter this morning thanks to the
13 > suggestions on the list, and it seems to be working fine so far. Only
14 > one piece of spam caught, but it's one for one so far :) Kinda wierd
15 > when you actually *want* spam (if only to catch it!)
16
17 I installed spamassassin a month or so ago and since then I've spent
18 more time looking at spam than ever before. I just love to see what
19 keywords and phrases it has triggered on. :)
20
21 Brgds,
22 //Humming