From: Mathy Vanvoorden <mathy@××××××××××.be>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Update bitcoin eclass to default to knots
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 15:46:24
1 > I don't have time nor the familiarity to properly maintain bitcoins
2 > myself. Every time Luke wants to make a change, I get nothing but
3 > negative advice - what not to do, but not what to do. If there were an
4 > unpopular package I would just drop it to maintainer-needed. But do we
5 > really want a distro that doesn't provide bitcoins?
8 I suspect that it is because every time Luke wants to make a change, he
9 wants to push his patchset as default enabled on Gentoo while nobody seems
10 to be interested in this.
11
12 I will ignore all negative advice regarding this package unless it is
13 > balanced with positive advice. Please point out what lines of the patch
14 > should be changed and what they should be changed to, else I will commit
15 > the patch as provided.
18 Simple, do the rename by all means but don't enable it by default.
19
20 Mathy