From: "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Update bitcoin eclass to default to knots
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2017 13:44:55
1 On 3/7/17 12:18 PM, Peter Stuge wrote:
2 > Anthony G. Basile wrote:
3 >> I proxy maintain bitcoins for luke-jr. He wants to propose a patch
4 >> against the bitcoin eclass. The following is his proposed change.
5 >> I'll commit it after review.
6 >
7 > Please do not do that, Anthony.
10 I don't have time nor the familiarity to properly maintain bitcoins
11 myself. Every time Luke wants to make a change, I get nothing but
12 negative advice - what not to do, but not what to do. If there were an
13 unpopular package I would just drop it to maintainer-needed. But do we
14 really want a distro that doesn't provide bitcoins?
15
16 I will ignore all negative advice regarding this package unless it is
17 balanced with positive advice. Please point out what lines of the patch
18 should be changed and what they should be changed to, else I will commit
19 the patch as provided.
23 Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
24 Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]
25 E-Mail : blueness@g.o
26 GnuPG FP : 1FED FAD9 D82C 52A5 3BAB DC79 9384 FA6E F52D 4BBA
27 GnuPG ID : F52D4BBA