From: Samuli Suominen <drac@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Nominations open for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:20:23
1 Fri, 6 Jun 2008 01:48:03 +0100
2 "Richard Brown" <rbrown@×××××××.org> kirjoitti:
3
4 > On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:35 AM, Josh Saddler <nightmorph@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > > £ukasz Damentko wrote:
7 > >>
8 > >> Hi guys,
9 > >>
10 > >> Nominations for the Gentoo Council 2008/2009 are open now and will
11 > >> be open for the next two weeks (until 23:59 UTC, 18/06/2008).
12 > >
13 > > Now that nominations are officially open, I nominate the current
14 > > council members (again):
15 >
16 > This was the first of many nominations for the incumbent council that
17 > gave no reason as to why they should be voted for in this election, as
18 > several of them have accepted their nominations with no further
19 > qualification, and flameeyes seems to think himself above having to
20 > justify why he should be elected, so I provide, for your
21 > entertainment, the following blog posts:
22
23 That's right. When a developer has certain amount of technical
24 and /non-trivial/ commits to the tree why should he explain himself
25 over and over again?
26
27 Please, don't waste time of developers on nonsense politics.
28
29 Thanks, Samuli
30 --
31 gentoo-dev@l.g.o mailing list