From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccreesh@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Paludis and Profiles
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 20:54:07
1 On Thu, 18 May 2006 22:27:59 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
2 wrote:
3 | > Circular argument.
4 |
5 | Let me repeat it in primary school language.
6 |
7 | A supported statement is one which has the form:
8 |
9 | <reason 1> <reason 2> ... <Statement> ... <reason n-1> <reason n>
10 |
11 | In short a supported statement has reasons that aim to argue why the
12 | statement is true.
13
14 And your definition of a primary package manager is:
15
17
18 | You say that there is no such a thing as a primary package manager,
19 | but fail to state any reason (here or in other mails) as to why this
20 | is true. Instead of arguing why my support is false you just say that
21 | I am saying things that are not true. This is an unbased accusation.
22
23 No, I am claiming that your entire idea of a primary package manager is
24 based upon circular logic and is thus invalid. It's like trying to
25 debate the existence of green happiness -- since the thing the words
26 describe is meaningless, there's no logical argument to be had.
29 Ciaran McCreesh
30 Mail : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list