From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: virtual/{posix,stage1,2,3} Was: [gentoo-dev] Add bc back to the stage3
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 21:22:37
1 On Sun, Sep 28, 2014 at 12:31:16PM -0400, Richard Yao wrote:
2 > May I suggest an alternative? We could implement sys-virtual/posix and
3 > make it depend on all packages that are not necessary for @system, but
4 > are necessary for proper POSIX compliance. Then we can tell users who
5 > need/want an environment containing all tools specified by POSIX, such
6 > as those not using sys-kernel/*-sources, to `emerge virtual/posix`.
7 I like this idea, for a virtual/posix; would let us trim a lot of other
8 things from some environments.
9
10 In a similar vein, would releng be open to moving stage1/2/3 package
11 sets to virtual packages or package sets? Presently they are inside
12 catalyst, and I think this would clean things up a lot.
15 Robin Hugh Johnson
16 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead
17 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
18 GnuPG FP : 11ACBA4F 4778E3F6 E4EDF38E B27B944E 34884E85