From: Patrick McLean <chutzpah@g.o>
To: Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Repoman rewrite stage3. Migrate check data to the tree
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 02:41:01
1 On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 18:30:07 -0800
2 Brian Dolbec <dolsen@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > So, where do we place this directory and what rules do we
5 > establish about it's modifications?
6 >
7 > location? : in the metadata dir alongside the install-qa-check.d
8 > directory?
9
10 That sounds reasonable to me, it is certainly metadata.
13 > name of the directory? : repoman, qa-rules, qa-data,
14 > repo-qa-data, ... ideas?
15
16 Something not project name specific, so nothing about repoman. Perhaps
17 something like "repo-checks", my personal vote would be make it a
18 directory with the contents being merged (so repo-checks.d maybe?)
21 > data format? : json (my favorite)
22 > compatible with many lanquages/interfaces
23 > is flexible to match various data types
24 > ie: dictionaries, lists, strings...
25 > is human readable/editable
26 > can be validated
27 >
28 > xml (PLEASE NO!)
29 >
30 > native python file (too language dependant)
31 >
32 > ini style (python configparser compatible) meh :/
33 >
34 > other ideas?
35
36 YAML - like JSON but made to be edited/read by humans (comment support
37 is a big feature). Also valid JSON is valid YAML. Also can be validated
38 just like JSON can.