From: Kent Fredric <kentnl@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: news item for the 17.0 profiles
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 07:52:19
1 On Mon, 09 Oct 2017 22:58:22 +0200
2 "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Please consider switching from your current 13.0 profile to the
5 > corresponding 17.0 profile soon after GCC-6.4.0 has been
6 > stabilized on your architecture. The 13.0 profiles will be deprecated
7 > and removed in the near future.
8
9 Just a question that only became apparent to me as I'm trying to
10 create a "mostly stable" keyworded chroot, but with this change added
11 to pick up defects:
12
13 Are there any specific versions of toolchain modules that should/must be used
14 in 17.0 to make it work with GCC-6.4.0?
15
16 All I did was:
17
18 - Forcibly create the profile symlink myself ( as its not visible to me
19 yet with eselect )
20
21 - accept-keywords for gcc
22
23 - Followed remaining instructions.
24
25 And hopefully that should be sufficient.
26
27 binutils: 2.28.1
28 gcc: 6.4.0
29 glibc: 2.23-r4
30 libtool: 2.4.6-r3
31
32 I know this is typically a "don't mix ~arch and arch" thing, but I
33 can't actually test things that will break otherwise :p