From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: news item for the 17.0 profiles
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2017 19:06:01
1 Am Dienstag, 10. Oktober 2017, 09:51:43 CEST schrieb Kent Fredric:
2 >
3 > Are there any specific versions of toolchain modules that should/must be
4 > used in 17.0 to make it work with GCC-6.4.0?
7 Not that I know of. I'd use most recent stable though.
8
9 (And glibc-2.25 will most likely become stable before gcc-6.)
10
11 > All I did was:
12 > - Forcibly create the profile symlink myself ( as its not visible to me
13 > yet with eselect )
14 > - accept-keywords for gcc
15 > - Followed remaining instructions.
16 > And hopefully that should be sufficient.
17
18 That should be perfectly fine.
21 > binutils: 2.28.1
22 > gcc: 6.4.0
23 > glibc: 2.23-r4
24 > libtool: 2.4.6-r3
25
26 > I know this is typically a "don't mix ~arch and arch" thing, but I
27 > can't actually test things that will break otherwise :p
28
29 The whole "don't mix ~arch and arch" credo is in my opinion a bit silly. If
30 mixing leads to bugs, these should be documented and fixed, if only with a
31 version dependency.
34 Andreas K. Hüttel
35 dilfridge@g.o
36 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)