From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI component naming collision
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 03:28:04
1 Daniel Ostrow wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 22:17 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
3 >
4 >>On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 17:02 -0500, Daniel Ostrow wrote:
5 >>
6 >>>That would work for fetch restricted packages, not nomirrored ones.
7 >>>
8 >>>--Dan
9 >>
10 >>/me nods. That's what we'll have to do. Unfortunately, it leaves users
11 >>with a worse experience than before, but until I can find a way to reach
12 >>the QA team and help them see my pov as the package maintainer, what
13 >>else can I do? :(
14
15 It's only 'worse' than before if you assume that all your users read the
16 documentation, otherwise they end up futzing around with their distfiles
17 trying to figure out why the checksum is incorrect. This way the ebuild
18 will die right off and the information is presented at the same time.
19 They can go get the ebuild and rename it ( hell you can even provide
20 them with the wget command to do so ). As such, glad this is resolved
21 with at least some agreement on all sides :)
22
23 --Alec Warner