From: Daniel Ostrow <dostrow@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] SRC_URI component naming collision
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 02:58:34
1 On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 22:17 +0000, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > On Sun, 2006-02-26 at 17:02 -0500, Daniel Ostrow wrote:
3 > > That would work for fetch restricted packages, not nomirrored ones.
4 > >
5 > > --Dan
6 >
7 > /me nods. That's what we'll have to do. Unfortunately, it leaves users
8 > with a worse experience than before, but until I can find a way to reach
9 > the QA team and help them see my pov as the package maintainer, what
10 > else can I do? :(
11
12 Don't know why this didn't occur to me before but this is exactly what
13 the Java team does for IBM's jdk/jre. IBM releases all micro releases
14 under a tarball of the same name so end users already have to rename it
15 before placing it in ${DISTDIR}. The only difference there is IBM's
16 files were already fetch restricted.
17
18 In any event, even though I'm not part of the QA team, thanks for
19 accepting an alternate solution.
20
21 --Dan
24 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list