From: "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
Cc: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New, shiny EAPI=5 profiles: volunteer, procedure, preparations
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 23:47:34
1 Am Freitag, 18. Januar 2013, 23:20:50 schrieben Sie:
2 > On Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:37:10 +0100
3 >
4 > "Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfridge@g.o> wrote:
5 > > FYI, the new 13.0 profiles are now all available in profiles.desc, for
6 > > now all with status "dev" (i.e. repoman includes them only when you
7 > > request developer profile checking).
8 > >
9 > > This means the procedure below is complete up to and including point 5)
10 > > now.
11 > >
12 > > Please consider changing your profile symlink manually and testing the
13 > > new profile tree. In case of problems, please file a bug and assign it
14 > > to me (or tell me if I'm around).
15 > >
16 > > If all goes well, we'll continue in a week.
17 >
18 > Hmm, I think we need a bit more fine-grained EAPI=5 directories, at
19 > least for arch-specific unmasks. Not sure if I shall use the
20 > arch-specific 13.0 profiles or something more common shall be
21 > introduced.
22
23 I think it's perfectly fine now to raise the EAPI to 5 anywhere in the profile
24 trees that (also) inherit 13.0 (since they need it anyway).
25
26 So, in my opinion, we can just do that wherever needed.
27
28 The intention of the "eapi-5-files" directory is just to hold the files that
29 will be moved into global scale once the old profiles are gone.
33 Andreas K. Huettel
34 Gentoo Linux developer
35 dilfridge@g.o
36 http://www.akhuettel.de/