From: "Diego Elio Pettenò" <flameeyes@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Reminder: please use the latest Portage/repoman version to commit to tree
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:10:51
1 Il giorno gio, 30/09/2010 alle 09.36 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel ha
2 scritto:
3 > What is the general opinion on this?
4 > Do you (developers) all use ~arch portage?
5 > How big is the risk?
6
7 Generally speaking, we used to say that "The developers are the Portage
8 testbed, and should run ~arch."
9
10 On a more interesting note, I run full ~arch on both my main
11 workstations (well, workstation and laptop, but that's the idea), and
12 with exception of some Python trouble before, I didn't really hit
13 anything nasty in years.
14
15 But, to answer Dirkjan at the same time, you can always keep around a
16 chroot whose only use is running the repoman commit — for a while when I
17 tried to run a stable system is what I have done.
20 Diego Elio Pettenò — “Flameeyes”
21 http://blog.flameeyes.eu/
22
23 If you found a .asc file in this mail and know not what it is,
24 it's a GnuPG digital signature: http://www.gnupg.org/