From: daniel.kerwin@×××××××.de
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo could become certified for IBM Server Hardware
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 09:03:24
1 Hello,
2
3 i just returned from a meeting with IBM which was about getting
4 support for Gentoo Linux (hardware and software). The people from IBM
5 told me that it's possible for Gentoo to become officially supported
6 on IBM server hardware (xSeries, pSeries and zSeries).
7
8 They told me about their hardware offerings to the Debian Project so
9 that they could certify their distribution. I think this is a great
10 chance for gentoo to become more common for productive use.
11
12 Is there a general interrest in doing this and how can this start?
16 bye
17
18 Daniel