From: Michael Cummings <mcummings@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo could become certified for IBM Server Hardware
Date: Wed, 04 May 2005 10:15:23
1 Let me just diplomatically: cool :)
2
3 On Wednesday 04 May 2005 05:03 am, daniel.kerwin@×××××××.de wrote:
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > i just returned from a meeting with IBM which was about getting
7 > support for Gentoo Linux (hardware and software). The people from IBM
8 > told me that it's possible for Gentoo to become officially supported
9 > on IBM server hardware (xSeries, pSeries and zSeries).
10 >
11 > They told me about their hardware offerings to the Debian Project so
12 > that they could certify their distribution. I think this is a great
13 > chance for gentoo to become more common for productive use.
14 >
15 > Is there a general interrest in doing this and how can this start?
19 > bye
20 >
21 > Daniel
26 Michael Cummings | #gentoo-dev, #gentoo-perl
27 Gentoo Perl Dev | on irc.freenode.net