From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo development <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP draf for cross-compile support in multilib profiles
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 22:20:28
1 On 07/01/2012 02:52 PM, Zac Medico wrote:
2 > On 07/01/2012 02:39 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
3 >> On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
4 >>> Matt Turner schrieb:
5 >>>> I suppose that's just for ease of implementation? Not having to
6 >>>> special-case packages that don't install binaries.
7 >>>
8 >>> I dont follow. Did you think about only having additional ABI flags for
9 >>> certain cases?
10 >>
11 >> Right. It seems to me that not having the ABI flags for packages like
12 >> x11-proto/* would make more sense, but may be more work to implement.
13 >
14 > It seems like this could easily be controlled by setting a PROPERTIES or
15 > RESTRICT value in the ebuild. Also, it might be useful to give the
16 > ebuild similar control over the abiwrapper flag via PROPERTIES or RESTRICT.
17
18 On irc, I asked Tommy about the abiwrapper thing, and he suggested to
19 set IUSE="+abiwrapper" for packages containing programs like qmake which
20 are known to produce ABI specific output.
21 --
22 Thanks,
23 Zac