From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: GLEP draf for cross-compile support in multilib profiles
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2012 21:53:22
1 On 07/01/2012 02:39 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
2 > On Sun, Jul 1, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
3 >> Matt Turner schrieb:
4 >>> I suppose that's just for ease of implementation? Not having to
5 >>> special-case packages that don't install binaries.
6 >>
7 >> I dont follow. Did you think about only having additional ABI flags for
8 >> certain cases?
9 >
10 > Right. It seems to me that not having the ABI flags for packages like
11 > x11-proto/* would make more sense, but may be more work to implement.
12
13 It seems like this could easily be controlled by setting a PROPERTIES or
14 RESTRICT value in the ebuild. Also, it might be useful to give the
15 ebuild similar control over the abiwrapper flag via PROPERTIES or RESTRICT.
16 --
17 Thanks,
18 Zac