From: Christian Faulhammer <fauli@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Training points for users interested in helping out with ebuild development
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 13:16:19
1 Hi,
2
3 Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>:
4 > It seems to me you're on a irc-hate rampage. There are many devs who
5 > rarely, if ever, go on irc. The _only_ requirement is that you
6 > conduct a real-time interview with a recruiter. It's sort of like a
7 > job interview only it's remote. Once you're a dev you don't have to
8 > go on irc _at all_. It's not going to kill you to do two reviews on
9 > irc, especially given the advantages various people have presented
10 > for a real-time interview.
11
12 That's the point! And for the records: You won't find me on IRC
13 often, but for some short-time collaboration (bug days) or small check
14 I go there. And having written those long emails consumed more energy
15 then setting up an IRC client, connecting to Freenode (without joining
16 any channel) and go to a query with the recruiter...nobody will ever
17 notice that Duncan has been on IRC.
18 The right tool for a task, and sometimes IRC is the right tool.
19
20 V-Li
23 Christian Faulhammer, Gentoo Lisp project
24 <URL:http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/lisp/>, #gentoo-lisp on FreeNode
25
26 <URL:http://gentoo.faulhammer.org/>