From: Thomas Anderson <gentoofan23@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Training points for users interested in helping out with ebuild development
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 12:48:18
1 On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 12:29:33PM +0000, Duncan wrote:
2 > "Marijn Schouten (hkBst)" <hkBst@g.o> posted
3 > 4A02A0E7.5050500@g.o, excerpted below, on Thu, 07 May 2009
4 > 10:50:47 +0200:
5 > I've seen a few replies from the (rare) Gentoo dev as well, indicating
6 > they basically don't do IRC either, just mail, tho it is quite rare, and
7 > it would seem, likely to go extinct in Gentoo before its time, since
8 > evidently those devs have no skills considered worth recruiting any
9 > more. I'd call that a shame as that's a potentially large skills and
10 > talent bank Gentoo's about to pass on, but what's a man to do, other than
11 > make the point as best he can? <shrug>
12
13 It seems to me you're on a irc-hate rampage. There are many devs who
14 rarely, if ever, go on irc. The _only_ requirement is that you conduct
15 a real-time interview with a recruiter. It's sort of like a job
16 interview only it's remote. Once you're a dev you don't have to go on
17 irc _at all_. It's not going to kill you to do two reviews on irc,
18 especially given the advantages various people have presented for a
19 real-time interview.
20
21 Regards,
22 Thomas
23 --
25 Thomas Anderson
26 Gentoo Developer
28 Areas of responsibility:
29 AMD64, Secretary to the Gentoo Council