From: Johannes Huber <johu@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI usage
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:36:36
1 > Could you elaborate what the reasons FOR it are (not that I don't know
2 > any, but you brought it up) since this will add work for every developer
3 > to check a) how the behavior of the new EAPI impacts the current ebuild
4 > and b) how the behvaior of inherited eclasses change depending on EAPI.
5
6 My main arguement is a modern code base, my intention is not to touch the
7 ebuild if there is no reason. But if you are doing a version bump, bug fix etc
8 you working on the package anyway.
9
10 a) thats normal developer work
11 b) if there is a bug in the eclass for a specified EAPI you should file a bug
14 Johannes Huber (johu)
15 Gentoo Linux Developer / KDE Team
16 GPG Key ID F3CFD2BD