From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] EAPI usage
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:00:57
1 On 08/30/2012 12:28 PM, Johannes Huber wrote:
2 > Hello gentoo devs,
3 >
4 > From last council meeting summary:
5 > [snip]
6 >> Open floor
7 >> ==========
8 >> scarabeus suggested the change "dev should use latest eapi when bumping"
9 >> to "dev must use latest eapi when bumping if not forbidden by eclasses".
10 >> He was asked to bring it up on the mailing lists, to get a better
11 >> definition of when what EAPI should be used.
12 > [/snip]
13 >
14 > I raised the issue through scarabeus, as in my opinion there is no reason to
15 > not use latest EAPI. So please discuss.
16 >
17 > Greetings,
20 Could you elaborate what the reasons FOR it are (not that I don't know
21 any, but you brought it up) since this will add work for every developer
22 to check a) how the behavior of the new EAPI impacts the current ebuild
23 and b) how the behvaior of inherited eclasses change depending on EAPI.