From: Stuart Herbert <stuart.herbert@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Monthly Gentoo Council Reminder for January
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 14:52:44
1 On 1/5/06, Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Maybe you have a different vision for Gentoo. If so, I respect that, but
4 > please don't accuse me of trying to hijack anything. I expressed an
5 > opinion and you took my words and twisted them against me. This is a
6 > perfect example of why Gentoo's never going to go anywhere. We fight too
7 > much amongst ourselves.
10 Hear hear.
11
12 I feel that one of the causes of this is that not enough of us know each
13 other well enough. We only ever manage to get a handful of developers in
14 the same place at the same time.
15
16 Something useful that the trustees & council could do is to organise an
17 annual Gentoo developer conference. Yes it will cost - but surely one
18 function of a layer of management is to find budgets? :)
21 Best regards,
22 Stu