From: Alex Xu <alex_y_xu@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [2&3]/3 API & files
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2013 22:56:49
1 On 16/06/13 03:44 PM, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
2 >>>> Image resources:
3 >>>> > >> These can be uploaded to the Wiki.
4 >>> > > How can we ensure later that the media files don't get deleted?
5 >> > Deletion is restricted to administrators, mediawiki also keeps old
6 >> > versions around in case someone reuploads a file.
7 >> > To prevent even that, we can restrict editing certain assets to developers.
8 > See my other comment about git-mediawiki maybe, that would satisfy my
9 > needs, just having old versions of the images around as needed (not
10 > admin-deletable).
13 With modern MediaWiki, it is impossible to permanently remove a page or
14 file without the system administrator (I mean SSH access, not MW sysop)
15 intentionally permitting it or deleting the file archive.
16
17 https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Image_administration#Undeleting_files
18 https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Oversight
19 https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:RevisionDelete