From: Alec Warner <antarus@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perforce client proper license
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 21:28:20
1 On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > On Saturday 21 March 2009 21:41:39 Alec Warner wrote:
3 >> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
4 >>
5 >> <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 >> > On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:39:43 +0200
7 >> >
8 >> > Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
9 >> >> I took a look on EAPI2 specifications but couldn't find how mirrors
10 >> >> behave with arrows.
11 >> >
12 >> > It's supposed to say this:
13 >> >> In EAPIs supporting arrows, if an arrow is used, the filename used
14 >> >> when saving to \t{DISTDIR} shall instead be the name on the right of
15 >> >> the arrow. When consulting mirrors (except for those explicitly
16 >> >> listed on the left of the arrow, if \t{mirror://} is used), the
17 >> >> filename to the right of the arrow shall be requested instead of the
18 >> >> filename in the URI.
19 >> >
20 >> > But it didn't, thanks to a formatting screwup. I've fixed that now.
21 >>
22 >> I think Markos is talking about the actual mirror-fetch script itself.
23 >> The gentoo mirrors still use a flat namespace so someone will need to
24 >> update mirror-fetch to rename files based on src_uri arrows. And by
25 >> 'someone' I mean Zac.
26 >>
27 >> -A
28 >>
29 >> > --
30 >> > Ciaran McCreesh
31 > Actually I didn't understand completely what Ciaran said. I am still not
32 > quite sure how mirrors treat the SRC_URI with arrows. Will they fetch the file
33 > from upstream as save it with the filename I specified on arrow or they will
34 > save it respecting the upstream filename? :)
35
36 I think you will encounter namespace collisions, thats why I CC'd zac
37 as he maintains mirror-dist ;p
38
39 > --
40 > Markos Chandras (hwoarang)