From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] perforce client proper license
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:58:45
1 On Saturday 21 March 2009 21:41:39 Alec Warner wrote:
2 > On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
3 >
4 > <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
5 > > On Sat, 21 Mar 2009 15:39:43 +0200
6 > >
7 > > Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
8 > >> I took a look on EAPI2 specifications but couldn't find how mirrors
9 > >> behave with arrows.
10 > >
11 > > It's supposed to say this:
12 > >> In EAPIs supporting arrows, if an arrow is used, the filename used
13 > >> when saving to \t{DISTDIR} shall instead be the name on the right of
14 > >> the arrow. When consulting mirrors (except for those explicitly
15 > >> listed on the left of the arrow, if \t{mirror://} is used), the
16 > >> filename to the right of the arrow shall be requested instead of the
17 > >> filename in the URI.
18 > >
19 > > But it didn't, thanks to a formatting screwup. I've fixed that now.
20 >
21 > I think Markos is talking about the actual mirror-fetch script itself.
22 > The gentoo mirrors still use a flat namespace so someone will need to
23 > update mirror-fetch to rename files based on src_uri arrows. And by
24 > 'someone' I mean Zac.
25 >
26 > -A
27 >
28 > > --
29 > > Ciaran McCreesh
30 Actually I didn't understand completely what Ciaran said. I am still not
31 quite sure how mirrors treat the SRC_URI with arrows. Will they fetch the file
32 from upstream as save it with the filename I specified on arrow or they will
33 save it respecting the upstream filename? :)
34 --
35 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
36 Gentoo Linux Developer
37 KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound