From: Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Couple of cosmetic thingies...
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:15:59
1 On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 09:27:19PM -0400, Don Davies wrote:
2
3 > Why not just change it to:
4 > eval `dircolors`
5 >
6 > ...which causes dircolors to act properly, based on $SHELL. :-)
7
8 OK, fixed on CVS. Thanks.
11 > This makes the default setup more colorful... archives and image files
12 > come to mind. Is there interest in providing a DIR_COLORS file?
13 > This could extend things even further.
14
15 Yes, a DIR_COLORS file could be a nice thing. Wanna work on one?
16
17 > Slackware has a simpler implementation, and Im sure other Linux vendors
18 > provide one.. probably Debian. But anyway, its incredibly useful.. If there
19 > is interest, I could look at making it work with most since it is the default
20 > pager. Any interest in this?
21
22 Yes, I'm interested. Although I imagine that lesspipe.sh would have tons of
23 dependencies, so we would include it as an optional ebuild rather than making
24 it part of the less ebuild proper.
25
26 Best Regards,
29 Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o>