From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Deprecating and killing herds in metadata.xml
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:12:21
1 On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 3:00 AM, Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > I had just given some reasons above, in the part that you haven't
4 > quoted.
7 My main issue was with the "burden of proof" bit. This isn't a court
8 - we're free to do whatever seems to make the most sense, and not
9 worry about what kind of precedent it sets, since the next Council can
10 do whatever makes the most sense at that time. :)
11
12 I'm all for something that covers the bases but is a bit cleaner in
13 design. Right now we have different sources for membership lists of
14 different kinds of groups, and that just seems like poor
15 normalization.
18 Rich