From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Partimage on the livecd
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 13:50:58
1 On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 18:40 -0800, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Christian Zoffoli wrote:
3 > > An alternative could be create a rescue livecd with partimage, bacula
4 > > utils and so.
5 >
6 > Let us know when you've got it ready. I'm looking forward to it.
7
8 HAHAHAHAHA...
9
10 Anyway, though spyderous was joking somewhat, he does have a point. We
11 really have no reason to produce one as part of the regular releases. I
12 have thought about making one, just for kicks. The primary reason for
13 not doing one is that SystemRescueCD already does this quite well. This
14 is a niche where someone else has built on Gentoo's work and has come up
15 with a unique and usable product. While I have no problem with someone
16 else within the Gentoo project using catalyst for this task, I don't see
17 a reason for one as part of the official releases.
20 Chris Gianelloni
22 Games - Developer
23 Gentoo Linux