From: Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal for how to handle stable ebuilds
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 00:25:02
1 Mark Loeser wrote:
2 > Removing Stable Ebuilds
3 >
4 > If an ebuild meets the time criteria above, and there are no technical issues
5 > preventing stabilization, then the maintainer MAY choose to delete an older
6 > version even if it is the most recent stable version for a particular arch.
7
8 Mark, I think you are looking at the problem only with the ebuild
9 maintainer hat put on. We have other players in our business, being one
10 of them the users. This policy would bring too many problems to them so
11 .. nono by my side.
12
13 I would prefer to analyze the causes of the slacker arch (manpower,
14 hardware, etc) and if we are not able to solve the problem by any way
15 (asking for new devs, buying hardware, etc) go for mark it as
16 experimental and drop all stable keywords.
17
18 Thanks.
21 Jose Luis Rivero <yoswink@g.o>
22 Gentoo/Alpha Gentoo/Doc