From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Gentoostats, SoC 2011
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 10:43:26
1 On 08/24/2011 01:48 PM, Patrick Lauer wrote:
2 >[...]
3 > If you sneakily add something to cron.daily by default you can get
4 > pretty nice coverage. But I guess anyone trying that in Gentooland will
5 > meet some rather unpleasant resistance :)
6
7 emerge always asks me after a world update whether I want to "auto clean
8 packages" with a yes/no prompt. I wouldn't be bad if once a month or
9 whatever it would ask me whether I want to upload my stats. Gentoostats
10 should probably become a runtime dep of Portage itself by default, but
11 not used automatically.