From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoostats, SoC 2011
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:49:20
1 On 08/24/11 12:31, Thomas Kahle wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > On 18:16 Tue 23 Aug 2011, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
5 >> there is one important aspect of your program that really needs to be
6 >> documented (and comments in the code are not enough):
7 >>
8 >> What data exactly is the client sending to the server?!
9 >>
10 >> What you need is basically an easy-to-find file / web page / ... where
11 >> this is explained concise and in simple words. As long as that does
12 >> not exist, your program will not find much acceptance.
15 > You may look at the files README and FAQ for Ubuntu's popularity
16 > contest: http://popcon.ubuntu.com/
17 >
18 > If we could get their turnout rates, that'd be great.
19
20 If you sneakily add something to cron.daily by default you can get
21 pretty nice coverage. But I guess anyone trying that in Gentooland will
22 meet some rather unpleasant resistance :)